Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What I Learned Today

I already have so many ideas on what I want to do in my classroom, and the reading we spoke about today in class just reinforced all of the things I have been learning and that they are positive things to do!

One of the things we talked about that I completely agree with and did all the time while I was teaching preschool, was the idea that every child can take control of their learning and make choices that can either positively or negatively effect their success.  I think it is very important for students to understand how well they do is completely up to them! THEY decide whether they will work hard and do the work or if they would rather not do it and do poorly.

Another thing we talked about was how children are born curious, and will naturally take the roles of scientists.  What a blessing! Children love to learn about new things whether they know it or not! For me personally, that means when I am teaching science lessons in school, part of my job is built in! My main responsibility is to encourage and empower them in their inquiry--to make sure they have not only opportunities to express that, but plenty of stimulation to build that up and strengthen it.

I am so ready to make science fun, to have hands on experiments and lessons that make the children feel confident in their abilities to be little scientists! Science really can be fun, and I am thankful for readings like today's that enable me to build on my knowledge and prepare to make learning a reading experience for everyone involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment